Primary responsibility is to ensure the accurate and efficient management of eMazzanti Technologies’ financial operations. Reports To: CEO
The Controller plays a crucial role in overseeing and managing the financial aspects of our Company. This position involves financial planning, budgeting, financial reporting, and ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Perform daily operational tasks associated with billing, including assisting with reconciling billing discrepancies and negotiating with clients on project billing issues.
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable functions.
- Work with our ERP system to ensure agreements and projects are properly inputted to ensure accurate financial information is generated.
- Compile and calculate weekly metrics for Executive Team
- Prepare accurate and timely quarterly financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and other relevant accounting standards.
- Manage the organization’s cash flow, including monitoring cash reserves and optimizing cash usage.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations to ensure all transactions have been accounted for and information is complete and accurate.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings based on quarterly goals.
- Manage a team of 3 accounting personnel to ensure all tasks are being performed and properly reconciled.
- Provide guidance, training, and development opportunities to team members.
Budgeting, Forecasting and Financial Analysis
- Collaborate with senior management to develop annual budgets and financial forecasts.
- Monitor and analyze budget variances and provide explanations as necessary.
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement.
- Provide financial insights to support strategic decision-making.
- Ensure adequate internal controls are maintained to safeguard company assets and ensure accuracy in financial transactions.
- Develop and enforce financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly sales tax returns.
- Work with our outside accountant to ensure compliance with all tax obligations, including income tax, sales tax, and other relevant taxes.
- Work with tax advisors to optimize tax strategies and minimize tax liabilities.
- Collaborate with the CEO and executive team to develop and execute business strategies aligned with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Help compose sales commission strategies with Chief Revenue Officer to support sales force retention.
- Work with Engineering and Project Management to ensure standard operating procedures are developed and adhered to
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field (CPA license is preferred).
- Several years of progressive experience in financial management, including prior controller or accounting manager roles.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial regulations, and auditing standards.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and leadership skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and collaborate with other departments.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
Hybrid. 2-3 days a week in Hoboken Office.