Groupwise Data Migration Engineer
Messaging Architects, an eMazzanti Technologies Company, has been providing professional consulting services around unstructured data and information governance for well over a decade. Our topnotch, experienced, project management and engineering team, assists clients needing to address information risk management strategies, eDiscovery processes, data security, and information policies. Our philosophy is simple: Information is an organization’s biggest asset, but it can also be its biggest liability.
Working closely with our sales and engineering team, the GroupWise Data Migration engineer (GWDME) will meet with clients and potential clients to assess their needs and discover opportunities for migration services. The GWDME will be expected to constants go above and beyond to serve clients and team members, at all times.
In consultation with the engineering team, the Groupwise Data Migration engineer(GWDME) will develop plans and oversee their implementation. The GWDME will stay in constant communication with the client to assure their full understanding of what is happening, making certain that their expectations are reasonable, and communicating any issues to the engineering team to make certain than any issues or misunderstandings are deal with before they become problems. Additionally, the GWDME will maintain and build good working relations with vendors.
The GWDME will be required to stay current on all relevant industry trends, as well as such soft-skills and timely delivery of services, problem solving and decision making skills. Additionally, the GWDME will be responsible for writing and updating technical documentation and manuals, as well as to document all issues, including solutions, to client problems.
The GWDME will troubleshoot and resolve complex, critical and sensitive support issues over the phone and electronically, (eg. Chat and/or remote access to customer systems). This could also include on-site visits.
• At least 2 to 3 years’ experience as a Messaging Architect, Project Manager and Sales Representative for GroupWise Migration services.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a relevant field or equivalent industry experience.
• Strong communication, presentation and consulting skills, including technical writing.
• Professional certifications including, but not limited to, Microsoft and Cicso, but at a minimum XYZ.
• Experience with multiple network operating systems such as OES, NetWare, Linux, and Windows.
• Travel expectation up to 25% – dependent on customer needs.
• Experience with Tenant to Tenant Migrations (O365/Exchange, Azure/On-Premise, etc.).
• Collaboration experience, including Voice (Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, etc.).
• Understanding and experience with networking.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Possess a high level of commitment to exceptional customer service.
• Self-motivated and takes the initiative.
• Embrace a dynamic work environment.
• Problem solve, take ownership of issues and drive them to resolution.
• Are resourceful and appropriately escalate issues to solve them with assistance from peers, and colleagues.
• Prioritize and work well under pressure.
• Pay close attention to detail.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Architecture, Administration and Migration.
• Experience with administering and supporting virtualization technologies such as VMware and HyperV.
• Strong knowledge of Windows Active Directory (GPO, CIFS and ADFS).
• Strong knowledge of BES services and Unified Messaging, Link and Sharepoint.
• Strong knowledge and experience in the administration and management of virtualization technologies such as VMware and Microsoft HyperV.
• Experience migrating large enterprise messaging systems such as Novell GroupWise and Lotus Notes to Microsoft Exchange 2010.
• Strong knowledge of remote access connection using F5 technologies.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Threat Management Gateway (TMG).
• Administrative experience using Active Role Servers (ARS).
• Extensive experience using Quest Migration Tools for Groupwise and Lotus Notes.
• Strong communication, analytical, customer service, problem solving, organization and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to interface with vendors and clients (internal and external).
• Ability to analyze situations and formulate recommendations to higher levels.
• Ability to write technical and operations management documentation.
• Ability to support SQL database platform and backend for BES, FIM, Symantec Vault and Exchange.
• Experience in Microsoft Exchange Architecture, Administration and Migration as well as mail relay protocols such as SMTP, MAPI, POP, etc. and other related products such as Microsoft Threat Management Gateway (TMG) and Quest Migration Tools.
• Availability to work after hours and weekends if required to meet client needs.
WOULD BE NICE TO HAVES
• Migrations from Domino or Google.
• Experience with Quest Tools or BitTitan.
• Cloud Security and Governance experience.
• Experience with Vibe and Filr or equivalent messaging and collaboration solutions.
• Background in configuring, administering and troubleshooting Linux, OES, IOS, and Windows Systems.
• Customer Support and/or IT Administration