IT Project Manager
Are you looking for a career move to a company where the environment aligns to your career goals? Are you unafraid of new challenges? Are you comfortable with a reasonable amount of change and fluid reporting structures? Would you like to work at the “best college” in the industry, one of the few companies that can claim to have been listed seven consecutive years by Inc. Magazine as one of the nation’s fastest growing privately held companies? And do you want to work in a culture that promotes unlimited learning, entrepreneurship and opportunity? Then continue reading.
The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for the overall on-time and on-budget delivery of successful technology installations, along with developing and communicating work plans, managing deadlines and coordinating the Network Engineering team’s activities and sub-team activities. He/she will be responsible for defining and agreeing on deliverables and milestones, setting and controlling scope. Additionally, the PM will be responsible for communicating client status and vision to the company’s management and any other project shareholders. Projects tasks will include the definition of user requirements, strategy for project delivery, process measurements, test plans and implementation approach. The PM will be continually tested and will deal with a wide range of challenges.
While the PM will be expected to travel to clients (85% local), this is primarily an on-site position. The PM will have dotted line management responsibility for a team of six engineers, including senior engineers.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, good at assessing situations, and possess both problem solving skills and the soft skills necessary to know when to compromise. They must have a strong technical background especially familiarity with Microsoft infrastructure, as well as Cloud experience. Additionally, they must be a multi-tasker who can simultaneously oversee projects, deadlines and competing priorities.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Specific Skill Requirements
- Project Management skills necessary to prioritize and manage day-to-day activities and deliverables of the team
- Act as a liaison between business and technical staff at all levels
- Support, lead and assist internal customers with requirements definition, project definition, and project planning
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships will all stakeholders in project to assure success
- Prepare project plans, tollgate documentation and reports
- Work closely with customers, developers or (AND?) vendors to manage issues, scheduling, etc., as they arise
- Monitor progress of each project at every phase of the process, doing everything possible to avoid delays and costs
- Prepare and submit proper close-out documents to all parties. Assist customers with cost-benefit analyses and business cases to support new project proposals
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of business processes and applications, customer needs and priorities
- Experience identifying process changes; ability to design and help implement revised processes
- Experience with preparation and delivery of communications to all levels within an organization
- Manage dispatch team
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ project management experience
- Technical experience with Microsoft products, the Cloud, Firewalls, Storage Media, and Mobile
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer services skills
- High level of consistent organizational skills
- Attention to detail in handling and tracking technical issues
- BS in Computer Science, IT Management/Project Management preferred
- Microsoft certifications a plus
- PM Certification PREFERRED but not required